TagBrush Project

 

Original Logo: 

    This was made in the Abode System, Photoshop. In the system, I used a logo I had created for an earlier project. This tag was made through five different layers; I used a negative, scratches, spray, logo, and background in order to make the original tag. When using the negative layer, I had to position it just right, so that the white streaks of the file would not drown out my logo completely. In the scratches file, I enlarged it, so that I could get a bigger scratch running down the center of my logo. I think that a large scratch really tuned the art into being something that was older and more rustic. The spray I choose was more of a splatter, this was because I wanted it to look more like spray paint down from far away. Also, before making the layers of my tag, I made a path around the logo; with this path, I tried to make it look like it was actually a piece of paper cut to make an outline for a real tag that would be used in street art. 

    The colors I used in my tag follow more of a pastel trend. I really like encompassing soft colors into art that is usually hard and cold. The opposition of the colors to its normal color palette is a nice way to show an alter ego of what taggers normally are stereotyped as. I add many colors to the tag to give it more of a 3-dimensional feel; plus, I really liked how the different pinks and purples played into each other. Another reason why I choose these colors was because I wanted it to reflect the colors of a sunset. Sunsets have always been something I have admired in life and since my logo is supposed to represent the inner most me, I thought adding in sunset colors would reflect another one of my loves of life. 

    Overall, this project was not as hard as I thought it was going to be. It really helped being able to get feedback in class and seeing how other people incorporated different colors and layers into their tags. I really enjoy photoshop compared to the other Adobe systems. 



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Autoscopy Project

Somewhere Project

Business Cards