Self Portrait Poster

 






This project was created in the Adobe System, Illustrator. This project was a little difficult specially when it came to figuring out was I was going do for the poster itself. I switched back and forth between the ideas of doing a supportive poster for nursing and a poster that encourage wearing masks. I ended up doing a mixture of both since the two topics were relevant to each other. The inscription for these topics came from most of my family is part of the medical field and has been fighting on the front lines of the COVID-19 pandemic since the start in 2020. I choose to keep myself black and white, so that it drew less attention to myself and more attention to the mask and the message of the poster; this is also the reason why I choose the color red compared to lighter more pastel colors. Red symbolizes boldness and courage to me, and this is exactly what healthcare workers express during this time in our lives. 

The project started off with me looking through my senior photos to find one that would be applicable to this project. I settled on a photo and first outlined in color. Then I used this illustration to the base of my propaganda poster. One of the challenges faced while making the poster was figuring how to center the mask on the nose of my face. I ended up using the direct selection tool in order to fix the curves of the lines I made with the draw tool. One of the aspects of this project that helped a lot was making multiple layers in order for me to be able to lock 

Comments

  1. I really like this project, and I think you did a really great job. The message is definitely there, and that stethoscope looks so cool; I think that was a really great touch that does just what this project needed. I like that you put yourself in black and white because it makes the red pop out much more. I love the design that you did on your hair as well. This poster is simple, but effective. I think you did a really good job.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Autoscopy Project

Somewhere Project

Business Cards