B&W to Color Project

 



Original Photo: 

Artist Statement: 

    For this project, we worked in the Adobe system called, Photoshop. The aim of the project was to change a black and white photo into a colored photo based on certain groups of colors. The groups of colors I used were triad, monochromatic, and complementary; all these groups were based in the yellow field. I really like yellow and think that it speaks a little to who I am as a person, so I thought it would be a good choice to color myself and dog with. The picture I choose to change is a picture taken about a year and a half ago of my dog and I. I love this picture because even though it is not seen that well, my dog and I are hammocking in the picture.

 

    This art piece was more difficult than others to complete; I really struggled in the beginning trying to get comfortable with the quick selection tool. Sometimes, it would select too many things and then I would have to go back and cut out some of the selection which would be tedious at some times. I also used the dropper to get the color choices I used from color.adobe.com. Another tool used during this project was the brush tool. The brush tool allowed me to add little outlines to both my skin and my dogs fur and eyes. I loved adding these details, I feel like it really brings the happiness of the photo out more. The definition also helps bring a sense of “clean” to the photo. I used the “fill” option in order to fill in what I selected with the quick selection tool; I also changed what type of fill it was. I mostly used normal, color burn, and lighten in these photos. I left some of the photo black and white because it draws more attention to the colors used. The tag brush can be seen in the top right corner of each photo. Overall, this project was pretty difficult for me, however, I like the result.












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Autoscopy Project

Somewhere Project

Business Cards